Building Permits

Welcome to the Permitting Page!

The Fire, Building & Safety Division authorizes the issuance of building permits for residential and commercial construction. This includes new construction, additions to existing structures and remodels. 
We are committed to providing our customer, all current and future citizens, quality service related to project development and fire/building code application through the use of modern practices in engineering, architecture, public health, and quality assurance management with a team of people dedicated to professional excellence and customer satisfaction. We strive to accomplish these tasks efficiently, effectively, and with accountability to the community we serve.

When is a Permit required?

The best way to find out if you need a permit is to contact a Russellville Permitting Clerk or building representative. Discussing your plans with a representative, before beginning construction or making a modification, will determine whether you need a permit. We encourage pre-application meetings in order to assist the builder, owner or applicant in the permit process. Even if a permit is not needed, a representative will answer code questions and may provide valuable advice.

How do I obtain a Permit?

There are 3 options in obtaining a building permit:

  1. Online - Use the EnerGov (CSS) Citizen Self Service by logging on to the website.
  2. Download - A Residential Building Permit Application or Commercial Building Permit Application here.
  3. Call - The Permitting Clerk desk can be reached at 479-968-1002

Is there a Permit checklist telling me what I need to do?

Yes! We encourage you to download a Residential Building Permit Checklist or Commercial Building Permit Checklist

Need to Schedule an Inspection?

We encourage you to schedule a building or trade inspection 24 hours in advance. Most often an inspector can be onsite within a few hours, however, the advanced notice ensures that you achieve your construction timeline. To schedule an inspection, please call 479-968-1002 or use our EnerGov (CSS) Citizen Self Service portal.